Via Eurasia Transport and Border – Air and Land
The following airports are close to the route and marked on the map below.
- Antalya – Large airport with three terminals serving internal and external flights. Also see http://cultureroutesinturkey.com/the-lycian-way/transport/
- İsparta – tiny airport with one internal flight daily – http://cultureroutesinturkey.com/st-paul-trail/transport/
- Kütahya – airport with only a few flights per week http://www.zafer.aero/
- Bursa/Yenişehir – small airport with internal flights to Ankara etc. http://www.yenisehir.dhmi.gov.tr/havaalanlari/default.aspx?hv=18
- Meis/kastelloriza Olympic fly weekly in winter, more often in summer, from Rhodes.
- Thessaloniki – major national and international airport. Local carriers Aegean Air and Olympic air; Ryan air from Europe. www.thessalonikiairport.com/
The following ferries can be used to access the route or at the start and finish.
- Greek ferries. Several companies allow you to book inter-island ferries and international ferries from Italy and Turkey. www.ferriesingreece.com, https://www.ferries.gr/default.htm, www.greekferries.gr/, Meis/Kastelorizo ferries on https://ferries.greeka.com
- Tekirdağ – Bandirma (Marmara sea) Roll-on roll-off ferries http://www.marmararoro.com/
- Cross-Bosphorus Ferries, İstanbul İstanbul Deniz Otobüsleri has an English language website: www.ido.com.tr/en
- İstanbul – Bursa ferries: There are many ways of getting from Bursa to İstanbul – all involve a bus then a ferry. http://www.feribotseferi.com/istanbul-bursa-feribot-seferleri.html
- Eskihisar – Topçular (Marmara sea) http://www.ido.com.tr/tr/tarifeler/2017-yaz-tarifesi/1109 every day at 20 minute intervals.
- Kemerdamlığı – Dikmen Çiftliği – (Lake Eğirdir) fisherman will take you by boat: http://cultureroutesinturkey.com/st-paul-trail/route-updates/
- Kaaş – Meis (Mediterranean) several local firms run trips – about 20 minutes. http://www.erturk.com.tr/en, https://www.meisferrylines.com/
Turkey has plenty of buses – see the section of the route that you want to use.
From Greece to Turkey – Only Metro runs from Thessaloniki and Dedağaç to Istanbul twice per day –https://www.metroturizm.com.tr/