Yenice Forest Trail Books, GPS and routes
Turkish and English guidebooks containing maps, descriptions and GPS coordinates of every trail have been published. To receive the guidebook, send an e-mail message with your address to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find an electronic copy of the Turkish version at http://www.yenice.gov.tr/yenice-kitap/
GPS coordinates of the trails can be downloaded from here.
The best routes
There are three categories of route to suit all types of visitor in Yenice Forest: short easy paths; 4-6 hour day walks; 2-6 day long routes.
The longest route is between the City forest and the Arboreturm, and takes 5 days to walk 77 km. This path takes you through a variety of terrain and introduces you to all the features of the forest, small lakes, yaylas, monumental trees, and the Arboreturm. Also between Kızılkaya and Karakaya is a 63km route which shows you the best features of the large and small Seker canyons.
Best short trails
- Subatan Yayla-Arboretum
- Sorgun Yayla-Keltepe Summit-Eğriova Karabük Lake
- Eğriova Eskipazar Lake-Sorgun Yayla
- İncebacaklar-Şeker Canyon (upper track)-Kent Forest
- Kent Forest-Şekermeşe
7 day recommended route
- Day : İncebacaklar Köyü-Şekermeşe (14 km) Camp in Şekermeşe old forest
- Day : Şekermeşe-Meyri-Eğriova Eskipazar (Yalakkuz) Göleti (15 km) Camp beside the small lake
- Day : Eğriova Eskipazar Göleti-Sorgun Yaylası (17 km) Camp at the yayla
- Day : Sorgun Yaylası-Keltepe zirve-Eğriova Karabük Göleti (12 km) Camp beside the small lake
- Day : Eğriova Göleti Karabük-Subatan Yaylası (12 km) Camp at the yayla
- Day : Subatan Yaylası-Arboretum (7 km) See the monumental tree and camp at the old forestry office
- Day : Arboretum-Kuzluk Köyü (7 km) Return via the Yenice – Karabük road.